A Run of Bad Luck - Eine Pechsträhne


Dear friends,


it seems I‘m having a run of bad luck this year. I ran out of yarn in the middle of a project three times already. This is annoying, bordering on frustrating.


The first time was just before Easter. Actually I had taken precautions. I knew that the yarn would not
suffice and I had ordered supplies early, but they didn't arrive in time.

Then, at the end of June, when I was about to run out of yarn on another project, I immediately ordered more yarn (unfortunately it took more than a week until it arrived, which was annoying). When the package finally arrived I realised that I had not ordered enough yarn. Can you believe that!? But…




Now this:


Not again!!! And this time, I didn‘t just ran out of any yarn. I ran out of WHITE yarn! Honestly, if there is one colour one simply CANNOT run out of, it must be white, right?


And yet: I – ran – out – of – WHITE – yarn!


If I had known I was short on supplies, I wouldn‘t have started this project. Or I would have taken another basic colour instead of white, but no… I was 100% certain that I had an infinite amount of white yarn in my stash, and then I discovered that I hadn‘t!


I had (and still have) three and a half balls of cream though, that‘s a total of 350g. Of cream. But I do not need cream. I need white!



ARGH!!!!


Sigh… That‘s me again, waiting for yet another yarn delivery…


I‘ll keep in touch!



Liebe Freunde,


irgendwie habe ich dieses Jahr eine Pechsträhne. Drei mal ist mir jetzt schon mitten in einem Projekt das Garn ausgegangen. Das ist ärgerlich und ziemlich frustrierend.


Das erste mal war kurz vor Ostern. Dabei hatte ich genaugenommen vorgesorgt. D.h., mir war klar, dass das Garn nicht reichen würde, und hatte zeitig Nachschub bestellt, aber der kam nicht zeitig an.


Als mir dann Ende Juni bei einem weiteren Projekt erneut das Garn drohte aus zu gehen, orderte ich gleich Garn nach (es dauerte leider wieder über eine Woche, bis es ankam). Als das Paket dann endlich da war, musste jedoch feststellen, das ich nicht genug Garn bestellt hatte.


Und jetzt das:



Nicht schon wieder! Und ehrlich! Wenn es eine Farbe gibt, die einem einfach NICHT ausgehen KANN, dann ist es doch Weiß, oder?


Also fünf mal raten: Mir - ging - das - weiße - Garn – aus!


Wenn ich das gewusst hätte, hätte ich dieses Projekt nicht begonnen. Oder ich hätte statt weiß eine andere Grundfarbe genommen, aber nein... Ich war mir 100% sicher, dass ich noch unendlich viel weißes Garn in meinem Vorrat hatte. Aber, dem war nicht so!

Ich habe allerdings dreieinhalb Kugeln beige, das sind insgesamt 350g. Von BEIGE. Aber ich brauche kein beige. Ich brauche weiße!


ARGH!!!!!

Seufz... Also warte ich wieder mal auf eine Garnlieferung…


Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!



Kommentare

  1. Oh, annoying! When I start a new project, I first get all the needed yarn together in a project bag, so I'm sure I won't run out of yarn. Off course, sometimes a project uses up more yarn then the pattern says it will, but I only start a project when I have more yarn than needed.I hope the white yarn will arive soon! I=

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That's what I usually do too, but I didn't this time because as I mentioned in the post: one cannot possibly run out of white yarn! GRRR!!! I did though!

      Löschen
  2. Well yes, that is frustrating to run out of yarn when doing a project. Your present work looks very pretty as far as I can see!
    I'm finding it difficult to leave a comment and click in the right place to pblish as all the words are in German!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Sandra. How annoying that it's all in German. Wondering whether I can opt for having the visitors choose which language they want to see... Will have a look into the setup, but I cannot promise I will find a cure...

      Löschen
  3. Jaa, so gehts mir auch oft: Ich denke, ich habe noch unzählige Packungen einer Farbe daheim, aber dann sind es nur mehr ein paar einzelne Knäuel...
    Und gerade bei Weiß bin ich draufgekommen, immer mehr als von anderen Farben zu kaufen, weil man das am besten mit anderen Farben kombinieren kann und daher eine Menge braucht! =)

    LG Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Aus Erfahrung wird mal klug, heißt es auf jeden Fall... Also, ich werde ab jetzt besser auf meinen Weiß-Vorrat achten!

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts