Let's go shopping! – Wir gehen shoppen!


Dear friends,


I'm a bit late with this post. Truth be told: the fair is starting to unnerve me and my mum and dad will pay us a visit next week. Therefore I've hardly left the studio and when I did I was cleaning the house (mind you: my husband did help a lot). I'm not a good housekeeper nor will I ever be, but even at 46 I do not like catching a reproving look of my mum's...

As to the fair... What shall I take along? Do I have enough stuff to sell? Shall I sell anything at all? Should I still make anything else? ARGH!!!

My latest idea: market-bags...

Rearranging things in the studio I came across quite some yarn that slumbered peacefully forgotten in boxes and drawers. So did some skeins of creative cotton print from Rico. Bought at some kind of sale: “1 skein of the complete range” at a special price. As I buy most of the yarn online special offers like this one do come in handy for getting to knowing the yarn. But I never did anything with those skeins until I got into some market-bag-mania early Thursday morning.


According to my husband these bags are too small... HAH! My…! Just have a look: 4 apples, 4 pears, 5 leeks, 3 peppers and still plenty of space left...


Too small? HAH!

If you'd care for making one too, just follow the instructions. BTW: I only used 2 skeins (50g/85m) per bag and the plain skeins still had 16g left.






Still have some combos left – I'm off crocheting...!

 
I'll keep in touch!




Let's stay connected!


Atelier Marie-Lucienne NEWS (Newsletter Sign-up)

Instagram

Facebook

Website





Liebe Freunde,


dieser Post kommt mit etwas Verspätung. Ich verliere so langsam die Nerven wegen des Marktes und obendrein haben meine Eltern einen Besuch angekündigt (nächsten Dienstag). Somit verbringe ich die meiste Zeit im Atelier und wenn nicht, dann putze ich das Haus (wohlgemerkt mit der Hilfe meines Mannes)...
Mit 46 müsste ich eigentlich längst über diese Dingen stehen, aber... Ich bin keine begnadete Hausfrau und werde es nie sein, dennoch möchte ich auch mit 46 keinen tadelnden Blick meiner Mutter einfangen.

Und dann der Markt... Was soll ich mitnehmen? Habe ich genug Sachen zum Verkaufen? Werde ich überhaupt etwas verkaufen? Was soll/kann ich noch machen?... ARGH!!!

Neueste Idee: Einkaufstaschen...

Beim neu-einräumen und umräumen vom Atelier bin ich über etliche Woll-und Garnvorräte gestolpert, die seit unendlicher Zeit vergessen in irgendwelche Boxen und Schubladen schlummern. So auch einige Knäuel „creative cotton print“ von Rico. Lange her gab's mal so ein Angebot „je ein Knäuel der ganzen Farbpalette zum Sonderpreis“. Da ich meistens online einkaufe gar keine schlechte Idee, die Farben mal „in echt“ zu sehen. Dabei war es dann geblieben, bis mir letzten Donnerstag eine Einkaufstaschenmanie überkam.


Mein Mann behauptet, die Taschen sind zu klein. Pfuh! Von wegen! Schaut her: 4 Äpfel, 4 Birnen, 5 Stangen Porree, 3 Paprikas und noch reichlich Platz...


Zu klein? Pfuh!

Wer sich auch eine Einkaufstasche machen möchte, kann in der Anleitung nachlesen wie. Übrigens: Je Tasche brauchte ich 2 Knäuel (50g/85m) und von den Uni-farbenen blieb immer noch 16g übrigen.






Ich hab noch ein paar Farbkombis bereitliegen, also: Ich bin dann mal häkeln...!



Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!


Kommentare

  1. LOVE your market bags. I made something similar, only skinnier and longer/taller without handles. I use them to store apples, oranges, potatoes, onions, etc. Love the look in the kitchen and how fresh they keep everything.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That would be a great idea for the storage-room! Always glad for some advice to keep the veggies and fruit fresh!
      Thank you, dear Paula!
      Have a great week!

      Löschen
  2. Que bonitas bolsas y muy prácticas!!! Gracias por el tutorial!!!!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ¡Qué placer, querida Pilar!
      Que tengas una buena semana,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Haha, Marjan, you made me smile, again ;-)
    I perfectly understand about the cleaning and the visit of your mother!
    Don't worry about being a good housekeeper, a perfectly clean house is a waste of time!
    Now, on to the market bags. They are great and certainly big enough! What do men know about that? :-)
    I think you'll have great succes at the fair, I've got my thumbs up for you!
    Sigrid x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Sigird!
      Anybody with pets (either dogs or cats) knows a perfectly clean house is a matter of the impossible. But then my parents never had any pets...
      I most definitely should stop worrying about the fair - nothing to be done but going there and having a good time!
      Have a great week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Der ganz normale Wahnsinn! :)
    Wie dir ergeht es ganz ganz vielen Frauen. Ist doch auch
    ein tröstlicher Gedanke, in aufregenden Zeiten, nicht allein
    zu sein :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen dank, liebe Jutta.
      Ich kann nur hoffen, dass meine Besuche später, bei den Jungs, nicht denselben Grad an leisen Panik auslösen...
      Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Woche,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. These look awesome! I want to try! I'm going to pin this for later! Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Ilse.
      Do let me know if there's anything amiss with the pattern.
      Have a lovely week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Marjan you have outdone yourself. These are the prettiest shopping bags that I have ever seen. In fact, I wouldn't even take them shopping with me and risk stretching them out. I like the way you have hung them on the wall, they make quite an art statement!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Mary.
      The bags are sturdier than they look - I've tried ;-) Well I had to because my husband was very sceptical about them. He's still not convinced but time will tell...
      Have a great week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. These are so pretty and really useful too! Brilliant!
    #handmadeMonday

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Caroline!
      Have a lovely week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  8. My mom is a freak (sorry to use the word but it is true) when it comes to cleaning so I will never in my life live up to her standards, but I know the feeling and I do try my best to have a sparkling house when she visits. As for the fair - I think you'd be just fine. The bags are fantastic - Thank you so much for sharing the pattern! I wish you lots and lots of sales!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You're making me feel much better, dear Maya.
      I will never be able to live up to my mum's standards either. Incredible what big fuss we're making for the one night they are staying... Sigh... It did distract me from brooding over the fair though ;-) But I wouldn't mind if you'd keep your fingers crossed for me.
      Have a lovely week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. Liebe Marjan, diese luftig leichten Häkeltaschen sind super. Du hast tolle Farben kombiniert, bin gespannt was für welche du noch häkelst.

    Vielen lieben Dank für die Anleitung dazu. Da werde ich doch gleich mal in meinen Woll-/Garnvorräten nachschauen. Ich mag solche einfache Projekte.

    Herzliche Grüsse
    Esti

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Esti.
      Die Taschen sind wirklich einfach und schnell gemacht und genau das richtige um die Wolle bzw. das Garn zu verbrauchen, wozu man somst keine Verwendung hat...
      Liebe Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  10. What lovely colourful string bags and so useful too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. They are indeed, dear Sandra. So I will keep one for myself and try to sell the others at the fair tomorrow.
      Have e lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  11. Hi, Marjan! I've been disconnected from the net and almost no free time to crochet for weeks because of my work. And I just realized all the wonderful things I've been missing from your blog: your wonderful shawls, the beautiful shoulder bags and, now, this precious shopping bag. And all your photo-tutorials!! You've been working so hard, my dear, but it does not surprise me: your new refuge-study is wonderful and you surely wish to spend many hours in it. I have also shared and pinned all your wonderful projects and patterns. Have a wonderful day, dear! xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oooh, it so good to have you back "ob board" - I've missed you! But sadly enough sometimes life interferes with crochet :-)
      I do spend a lot of time in the study. It's wonderful to have some space all to myself and my crochet again.
      Thank you for sharing and pinning!
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  12. Oh my Goodness Marjan, these are the prettiest bags, Ich moechte alle gern haben, die sind so wunderbar fuer alles moegliche!!! Super cute I love all the bright colours you chose!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Kathrin.
      I didn't do much colour-chosing myself, just took the skeins of cotton print and took a single-coloured one matching. But they did turn out quite lovely indeed...
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  13. Die Taschen sehen toll aus und sind bestimmt praktisch. Danke für die Inspiration! - Und alles Gute für den Elternbesuch :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen lieben Dank!
      Der Besuch von meinen Eltern verlief gut - am 4. Juni kommen sie wieder... Also bloß nicht nachglässig werden... ;-)
      Liebe Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  14. Oh, these are just perfect and I'll be making a few for sure. Pinning to The Really Crafty Link Party Pinterest board and also to my personal Bags Pinterest Board. Thank you for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Teresa.
      I'll probably keep some to myself, put them in my car as well as in my husband's - they do come in handy!
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  15. Great pattern, thanks. I made a similar bag years ago as a teenager, it's high time I made another.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Julie.
      I remember my granny having similar bags, but I really wasn't thinking of them when I started making mine. They are very usefull though!
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  16. Liebe Marjan,
    eine tolle Idee so ein Einkaufsnetz, danke für die Anleitung ! Schön finde ich das Garn dass Du verwendet hast, so ein Verlaufsgarn in verschiedenen Farben bringt das Häkelmuster toll zur Geltung. Wenn sich bei mir Besuch ankündigt gehe ich dem ganz entspannt entgegen. Früher , als ich jünger war , habe ich auch immer wie wild aufgeräumt, das legt sich mit der Zeit. Sollte sich jemand beschweren so drück ihm einen Putzlappen in die Hand. Liebe Grüße von Carmen

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Das mit dem Putzlappen versuche ich besser nicht bei meiner Mum... Sollte ich mir darüber hinaus aber trotzdem merken!
      Vielen Dank, liebe Carmen!
      Ich wünsche dir einen gelungenen Start in der neuen Woche!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  17. 'string' bags are great ...and crochet bags are even better as you have shown, I love them, great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. They are beautiful and I'm sure they'll be popular at your fair. One tip for you - fill one with shopping so that people can see how much it can hold

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Lucy.
      That's a great tip - I'll keep that in mind for the next fair!
      Have a great week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  19. Super idea - this will make a lovely quick gift!

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Liebe Marjam.
    genial sind deine Einkaufsnetze! Ich habe noch so eines, welches mir mein Sohn vor einigen Jahren in der Schule gehäkelt hat! Und es ist immer in Gebrauch! Sie sind so praktisch und umweltbewusst!
    Herzensgrüassli
    Yvonne

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. I love the idea of these shopping bags. I have often thought of making one, or two (or ten) to take with me when I go yarn shopping, but I do not like the way crochet bags stretch. Perhaps I will work on one with a lined strap. Pinned. Thanks!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Alexandra.
      We'll meet tomorrow at the Challenge!

      Löschen
  22. Dear Marian!
    This is an awesome idea! I just would like to know the size (diameter of the base, whole lenght w/o handles) of your bag then I can adjust mine. Using a different type of yarn it look smaler then yours.
    Thanks alot!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Adri,
      the base (aka colour 1) has a diameter of approx. 18 cm, 8-9cm from the centre. Also measured from the centre, till where the handles start (again colour 1) it's approx. 40 cm. Hanging at the handels the bag measures 67cm from one end (the centre) till the other and it's approx 70 cm wide.
      I hope this helps,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts