Thank you for the Music (with Chart / mit Vorlage)





Dear Friends,


  
as I told you in my last post, Mum&Dad came to stay with us last weekend. We had a pretty busy two days though, visiting Aachen and going out for a lovely dinner at our favurite Italian restaurant (where we all ate too much).


When my mum&dad left on Sunday, pretty soon after our late breakfast, I went into the studio and all of the suddenly I remembered Mia.

Mia (craftartista) is hosting the Friendly Challenge N° 106. And when she asked me whether I‘d fancy taking part, I agreed, cause we bloggers should support one another whenever possible, shouldn‘t we?





The deadline being still miles off at the time, I kind of forgot all about it, but on Sunday I grew very fidgety. Mia had pointed out the deadline was October something, but I couldn‘t remember what that „something“ had been: 18th? 20th? 30th?

Oh dear!

Lucky me, the deadline was the 28th and as it still was the 21st – lucky me indeed… But…

Mia chose „Music“ as the theme of the Friendly Challenge she is hosting, and I didn‘t have a clue what I should make. I could make some stitch markers, but that seemed a too easy way out. After all, I am a crocheter! So it had to be crochet!

Think I needn‘t explain a creative process to you, do I? Anyhow, this is what it became in the end… A clef.


I grabbed my hook (a 3mm one) and some yarn (Schachenmayr Catania white) and started right away. I actually managed to finish the clef till Sunday evening.

The finished clef measures 41 x 22 cm. Start off with 53 chain stitches and work the smaller filet stitch (1 tr + ch 1 + 1 tr for a gap; 3 tr for a block) according to the pattern over 46 rows.



The finished piece is pretty versatile: You could either sew it onto a bag (for a musician), use it as a doorplate (to the music room), put it up in the window or onto the wall, use it as a place mat in the music room…



BTW: I did make some stitch markers after all – they‘re now in my Etsy-shop!

I’ll keep in touch!


  





  




  

Liebe Freunde,


  
letzte Woche erwähnte ich bereits, dass meine Eltern zu Besuch kamen. Daher hatten wir letztes Wochenende zwei recht ereignisreiche Tage, mit einem Ausflug nach Aachen und einem opulenten Essen bei unserem Lieblingsitaliener.


Meine Eltern fuhren aber bereits Sonntagvormittag, nach dem späten Frühstück, zurück nach Hause. Daher konnte ich noch reichlich Zeit im Atelier verbringen. Aber, noch während ich Pläne schmiedete, fiel mir plötzlich Mia ein und mir wurde etwas mulmig zumute…

Mia (craftartista) ist Gastgeberin der 106. Friendly Challenge. Als sie bat, ob ich mitmachen würde, sagte ich zu, denn wir im Blogland sollten einander – meiner Meinung nach – nach Möglichkeit tatkräftig unterstützen, nicht?




Da die Frist aber noch eine Weile weg war, hatte ich die Friendly Challenge so mehr oder weniger vergessen, bis ich mich am Sonntagmittag daran erinnerte. Mia hatte erwähnt, dass die Frist in der zweiten Oktoberhälfte ablief, aber wann genau… der 18.?, 20?, 30.?

Owaia!

Ich hatte Glück: Frist war zum 28. und letzten Sonntag war erst der 21. Ich Glückspilz!

Aber… Mia hatte „Musik“ zu ihrem Thema der Friendly Challenge Nr. 106 gewählt, und ich hatte noch keinen Schimmer, was ich machen sollte. Ein paar Maschenmarkierer basteln wäre ja zu einfach, nicht? Denn schließlich bin ich ja Häklerin… Also...

Den „kreativen Prozess“ brauche ich wohl nicht zu erläutern, oder? Am Ende kam das dabei heraus: Einen Notenschlüssel…


Sofort griff ich zu Nadel (3 mm) und Faden (Schachenmayr Catania in weiß) und legte los. Und ich habe das Stück tatsächlich bis Sonntagabendfertig bekommen!

Der fertige Notenschlüssel misst 41 x 22 cm. Angefangen mit 53 Luftmaschen, im kleinen Filetstich gearbeitet (Loch = 1 Stb + 1 Lm + 1 Stb; geschlossenes Kästchen = 3 Stb), über 46 Reihen, immer nach der Vorlage.


Der fertige Notenschlüssel ist obendrein vielseitig einsetzbar: Als Schild an der Tür zum Musikzimmer, vors Fenster, als Aufnäher auf einer Tasche (für einen Musikbegeisterten), als Tischset, als Wandbehang…



Ach, übrigens: Ich habe dann doch noch ein paar Maschenmarkierer gemacht – zu finden in meinem Etsy-Shop…

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!
  





Kommentare

  1. Wow!!!
    Te has pasado con lo bonito de tu tejido!!!
    Se me ocurre que se puede bordar en punto cruz también, gracias a tu diagrama muy claro y sencillo de entendrer, gracias por enseñar algo tan lindo!!!
    Yo no llegué a tiempo para presentar un día antes el link a Mia, pero igual publiqué mi logro, el tema fue muy lindo! Besitos. tallerdestella.blogspot.com.ar

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. De hecho, podrías usarlo como una tabla para el punto de cruz. Pensé en hacer una pieza de punto de cruz (se vería muy bien como un aplique), pero simplemente no tuve suficiente tiempo.
      Que tengas una semana encantadora,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. Wow, Marjan! Your crochet note is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Congratulations and thank you for the free chart. And a big THANK YOU for your participation in Friendly Challenge no 106. Kisses and hugs from Greece, my friend.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It really was a pleasure, dear Mia! And it was fun too, to force my brain to ponder about theme not really part of my crochet-repertoire. Thank you for inviting me to the Friendly Challenge!

      Löschen
  3. This clef looks amazing!!!The chart you've made is perfect for all music's lover.Congrats and thanks for the free pattern. Besitos...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Mariela. I hope some music-lovers will get a clef for Christmas...

      Löschen
  4. Qué hermoso trabajo tejido! Se ve muy artístico y elegante, se ve que el tema te ha inspirado!! Gracias también por compartirnos estas fotos de lugares tan bonitos.
    Besos!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Muchas gracias, dear Ana!
      Fue un reto crear algo relacionado con la música y traducirlo a crochet, pero también estoy contento con el resultado.

      Löschen
  5. Your crochet piece with the clef worked out beautifully!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It did, but it's rather hard to take a nice picture of the clef, especially when it's in front of the window (though it did look nice there)...

      Löschen
  6. Great idea !
    Lovely result!!!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Anna. It was fun having to think about a theme, I normally wouldn't pair up with crochet!

      Löschen
  7. I didn't know the story behind it! But this is a great contribution Marjan! I am sure this chart would come in handy for crafters who have music -loving friends to give this for Christmas. I see it sewn onto a bag!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. So do I, but the fabric I ordered still hasn't arrived (there was non in the fabric-shop nearby), so I couldn't sew a bag. But a bag was my first choise too!

      Löschen
  8. Really excellent ! I Like it dear Marjan. Great idea and effect. Have a nice day. My best wishes from Greece.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much! Happy you like it!
      Have a lovely evening,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. Nice!! Fabulous work in one week time!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Sigrid! Urgent to-so-things are piling up though...

      Löschen
  10. Hello, Marjan

    Your musical key is wonderful. I fell completely in love. It is a fantastic job. I like what I've seen in your blog so I'm a follower.

    Kisses and hugs of a Spanish woman in the United States.

    Have a happy weekend

    Hallo Marjan

    Dein musikalischer Schlüssel ist wunderbar. Ich habe mich total verliebt. Es ist ein fantastischer Job. Ich mag das, was ich in Ihrem Blog gesehen habe, also bin ich ein Anhänger.

    Küsse und Umarmungen einer Spanierin in den Vereinigten Staaten.

    Ich wünsche Ihnen ein schönes Wochenende

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Ana. Happy you like the clef (as well as my blog ;-)). BTW: Would't mind taking part in the Friendly Challenge you are hosting, as I loooove Christmas...

      Löschen
  11. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    tolle Idee einen Notenschlüssel zu häkeln; sieht super aus!
    Ich wünsche Dir eine gute Zeit und bedanke mich für Deine Treue zu meinem Blog!
    Ganz herzliche Grüße Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Von Herzen gerne, liebe Karin. Ich bewundere deine Fertigkeiten mit Papier. Die sind so schön und du hast immer so tolle Ideen - d.h.: Du wirst mich nicht so schnell los ;-)
      Schöne Woche, wünsche ich Dir!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  12. Hi Marjan,

    I love your job, it's pretty nice, congrats!

    Best wishes,
    Betto.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. This turned out beautifully, what beautiful work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    Movie Online

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I have a friend who just released his first album . . . he composed all of the music and sang all of the songs. I am going to use your pattern to make a gift for him. Thanks for the pattern :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Thank you for sharing your music chart. I like it very much !!! I will give you where I and everyone in the world get music and search the fastest: https://mp3tomato.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. That is a great idea. I am sure lots of people would like a musical cleft. Thanks for joining in my Ginx Woolly Linx Party for November.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for hosting the party, dear Ginx. Wishing you a lovely Advent season,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  18. How lovely, Marjan! As a musician, I really LOVE and appreciate this! I think it would make a great gift for one of my friends who is a music teacher. Thank you!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ups, didn't know you were a musician (must pay better attention then). But I'm glad you like the clef - would be a great present for any musician indeed!
      Big hug, Marjan

      Löschen
  19. I really love music, the music notes are really great. If you don't mind, I would like to introduce to you the music ringtones made from this music at Toqueparacelular.net

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts