Back Home – Wieder zu Hause


Do less - Enjoy more
  

Loch Leven and Pap of Glencoe

 

Dear friends,


still afloat in that space between not-there-anymore and not-yet-home (the definition of „home“ being quite delicate in my case), I made some decisions, which could be summarized as “Do less – Enjoy more”.


Loch Shiel

I have to get to terms with the changes in my everyday life. Biggest change being my day job, which has taken over a huge quantity of time. Time, I cannot spend on crochet, crafts and hobbies. Which is fine as such, but I cannot go on pretending I can/should/must achieve as much on the creative part of my life as I have before. Worst: I keep blaming myself for it and put a lot of pressure onto myself too.

Stalker Castle

That’s why I came to the conclusion: I cannot change anything about day job, but I can change my attitude towards the creative and crafty part of my life: I could do less, enjoy the process of making more and not focus solely on achieving results.

Drummond Castle Gardens

Even though I’m no good with schedules and to do lists, I’m going to introduce them into my life. Every day I will schedule 1 hour of quality time for one single area, either crochet, stitch markers, my Etsy shop, my blog, dyeing wool, or pattern-writing. If there’s time left for more (which is most probably), that’s just fine and I can spend this time the way I want to. But when I go to bed at night, I will know I’ve done at least one thing properly and to my full satisfaction.

Firth of Forth Rail Road Bridge

So, I might not have anything exciting to post each day (I can always slip in another picture of Scotland – only made 2420…), but I’m still living my creative life to the fullest (at least as full as is possible).

I’ll keep in touch!
  
  
  




On our way South, we popped in at Marion Mitchell's (Embroidered Originals - Woolthreadpaint), a dear friend from Instagram. We had a warm welcome, we felt at home right away and left with these lovely goodies... It was soooo lovely to meat Marion in real life! -  Auf dem Weg in den Süden, machten wir kurz halt bei Marion Mitchell (Embroidered Originals - Woolthreadpaint), eine liebe Freundin von Istagram. Wir wurden herzlichst begrüßt und fuhren reichlich beschenkt weiter.... Es war soooo schön, Marion mal im wahren Leben zu begegnen!





Kilchurn Castle

  


Mach weniger - genieße mehr

  

Liebe Freunde,


immer noch in dem Schwebezustand zwischen nicht-mehr-dort und noch-nicht-ganz-zu-Hause, habe ich einen Entschluss gefasst, den man als „mach weniger - genieße mehr“ zusammenfassen könnte.

Falkland

Ich muss mich einfach mit den Veränderungen in meinem Lebensalltag abfinden, in der meine Arbeitsstelle die größte Veränderung darstellt. Meine Arbeit nimmt viel Zeit mit Beschlag. Zeit, die mir nicht mehr zur Verfügung steht für Häkeln, Handarbeiten und/oder sonstiges Hobbys.

Glen Coe

An sich ist das wahrlich nicht schlimm, aber ich muss aufhören so zu tun, als ob ich immer noch gleichviel leisten kann, was meine Nebentätigkeiten angeht, als zuvor. Und vor allem: Ich muss aufhören, mir selbst deswegen Vorwürfe zu machen und diesen ungeheuren Druck aufzubauen.

Midhope Castle

Daher kam ich zu dem Entschluss, dass ich an meinem Job nicht viel ändern kann, dafür aber etwas an meine Einstellung bezüglich des kreativen Teil meines Lebens: Einfach etwas weniger leisten, dafür aber den (Gestaltungs- und Arbeits-) Prozess mehr genießen und mich nicht länger nur auf Resultate und Leistung konzentrieren.

Glenfinann Viaduct

Zwar habe ich es nicht so mit Plänen und to-do-Listen, aber ich werde versuchen, sie in meinem Leben zu integrieren. So werde ich ab jetzt jeden Tag eine ganze Stunde ausschließlich einer Sparte meiner Nebentätigkeiten widmen, sei es Häkeln, Maschenmarkierern, meinen Etsy-Shop, meinen Blog, Wolle färben, oder Anleitungen schreiben. Wenn Zeit für mehr bleibt (was es in der Regel ja tut), kann ich frei über diese verfügen, aber am Ende des Tages habe ich dann das gute Gefühl wenigstens einer Sache meine volle Aufmerksamkeit gewidmet zu haben und dementsprechend, etwas erreicht zu haben.

Loch Dochart

Daher werde ich vermutlich nicht jeden Tag etwas sensationelles zum Posten haben (ich kann euch dafür eines der 2420 Bildern unserer Schottland-Reise unterschieben), aber ich lebe meine Kreativität aus, so gut wie es geht.

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Chambered cairn at Clava Cairns


Kommentare

  1. That is a great resolution Marjan! I think many crafters deal with the same problems, trying to juggle professional, family life, hobbies and interests and could employ the same principle as yours.
    Fabulous pictures and a spectacular trip I am sure. Loved following it on IG.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Maybe they could. I simply noticed I was getting more and more frustrated one day after another. Being on holidays was a nice break in between, but I got all fidgety yesterday already and that's why I knew I had to do something...

      Löschen
  2. Beautiful shots of Scotland. How lovely to get together with Marion! You seem to have had a wonderful holiday, but it looks cold up there!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. True, it wasn't as hot as on the continent, but I do prefer temperatures between 13 and 19°C (and the odd 21°C) when visiting places on holidays... It was perfect really...

      Löschen
  3. Gorgeous pictures of Scotland !
    I hope to go there one day...
    Glad you are back !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You definitely should, dear Anna. Scotland is such a lovely place!

      Löschen
  4. I love Scotland, I lived and worked there for 9 years, and could see the Forth Bridge from my office :)
    Jillxo

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oooh! That must have been a stunning view to look up to from your desk (really envious here)! If only I could live in Scotland...

      Löschen
  5. Your photos are gorgeous!! And what a very good idea to use a schedule!
    If there is so much you want to do, it is better to do it one by one, you're so right! Good luck with it and ENJOY!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Sigrid. I simply had to do something, cause I was starting to unravel again...

      Löschen
  6. Nur keinen Ergebnislieferzwang aufkommen lassen. Dein Wohlbefinden hat Vorrang Wenn etwas schönes entsteht, weil du gerade Lust darauf hast, dann darf sich vielleicht der Rest da draußen mit freuen oder auch nicht. Ich besuch dich auf deinem Blog auch, wenn du total unregelmäßig etwas postest :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Jutta. Genau da liegt mein Problem: Ich bin vom Elternhaus aus Ergebnis- und Leistungsorientiert, und auch wenn ich es besser weiß, falle ich immer in diesen Trott... Aber: Problem erkannt - ich versuche was daran zu ändern! Herzlichen Knuddel aus der Eifel!

      Löschen
  7. Das ist ein sehr guter Entschluss. Ich habe das auch gemacht, wenn auch nicht ganz freiwillig, aber es tut mir und meiner Umgebung sehr gut.
    Ich drücke Dir die Daumen.

    Viele liebe Grüße
    Wolfgang

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Letztendlich macht man das nie ganz freiwillig, der Abgrund ist immer in der Nähe. Ich bin froh, dass ich erkannt habe, dass ich auf ihn zusteuere, und habe die Notbremse gezogen. Bislang läuft es gut...

      Löschen
  8. Those are really great shots Marjan. I understand completely about the time crunch. I have been cutting back on the blog and spending more time with my family these days and taking care of my health. That is the most important.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You're completely right! We only have 24 hours a day, so we'd better use them wisely!

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts