One oval doily, please! – Ein ovales Tischdeckchen, bitte!

„Doily
Oval Doily


Dear friends,


my mum has been one of my most fervent supporters and fans ever since I started Atelier Marie-Lucienne.

So, what would you have done, when your biggest fan is on the phone and asks you to have a look through your box of FOs, cause she needs an oval doily approx. 25 by 40cm, and you haven't got one? Do you honestly say: „Sorry mum, oval doilies are out!“?

Nope - you cannot, can you? And that's why I made her one.


Last Thursday I started with a filet-stitch-y thingy that really wasn't going anywhere. So, on Friday, after the groceries were bought and stored away, I joined the hubby on the patio with a cup of coffee, some yarn, a note-book and my hooks. The hubby soon left cause he rather cleared the flowerbeds of weeds, than watching me crochet and frog and crochet and frog and scribble down a note and crochet and...


I didn't work on the sampler doily on Saturday – made the Summer Dress instead – but by Sunday afternoon the sample was finished.


Made a pic, sent it to Mum, waited for her approval and started working on the final piece with the yarn she picked. The oval doily was finished by yesterday evening (Monday).


Truth be told: I honestly think the sampler doily isn't that bad after all. There are a few flaws here and there, but... I think I'm going to cut the thread and weave in the ends and keep it...


I'll keep in touch!




Liebe Freunde,


seit den Anfängen von Atelier Marie-Lucienne war meine Mum eine meiner treuesten Unterstützer und Fans.

Also, wie hättest du reagiert, wenn dieser größte Fan anruft und dich darum bittet, ob du deine Box mit fertigen Objekten mal nach einem ovalen Tischdeckchen, so in etwa 25 x 40cm groß, durchschauen könntest, und du weißt, dass du keines hast? Sagst du da allen Ernstes: „Sorry, Mum, aber ovale Tischdeckchen sind aus!“?

Nö – das geht so gar nicht, oder? Und daher habe ich meiner Mum eines gehäkelt.

Donnerstag Spätnachmittag fing ich mit einem Dingelchen in Filetstich an, aber das führte zu nichts. Und daher, als am Freitagnachmittag die Wocheneinkäufe gekauft und verstaut waren, gesellte ich mich mit einer Tasse Kaffee, etwas Garn, einem Notizbuch und meinen Häkelnadeln zu meinem Mann auf die Terrasse. Na ja, mein Mann zog es bald vor, Unkraut zu jäten statt mir dabei zuzuschauen, wie ich emsig häkelte, aufribbelte, häkelte, wieder auftrennte, schnell etwas hinkritzelte, häkelte,...


Samstag war Pause, da ich stattdessen das Sommerkleid genäht habe, aber Sonntagnachmittag hatte ich das Probestück fertig.


Bild gemacht, es Mum geschickt, auf das OK gewartet und anschließend mit dem eigens dafür ausgesuchten Garn das bestellte Tischdeckchen gehäkelt. Gestern Abend (Montag) war es dann fertig.


Wenn ich ehrlich bin: Das Probetüchlein sieht eigentlich gar nicht so verkehrt aus, oder? Zugegeben, es hat ein paar Schönheitsfehler, aber... Ich glaub' ich werd' den Faden abschneiden und die Enden vernähen und es behalten...


Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. Hattest du etwa vor, das Probedeckchen in Lila wieder AUFZUTRENNEN??? Aber das ist doch genau so schön wie das mehrfarbige!! Zumindest auf den Fotos ist kein Unterschied zu erkennen!
    Zugegeben, ich bin auch mehr ein Fan von bunten Sachen, aber wenn ich ehrlich bin, auf den Fotos mit den Blumen und der Teetasse finde ich sogar das einfarbige schöner!

    Einen schönen Abend noch!
    LG Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Äh... ja, das hatte ich vor. Schließlich ist es mit "Probegarn" gehäkelt (Resteverwertung also - wenn das je gewaschen wird, wird sich zeigen, dass drei verschiedene LOT-Nummern verarbeitet wurden), aber es gefällt mir, und daher behalte ich es einfach...

      Löschen
    2. Ach, wer weiß ;-) vielleicht auch nicht! =))
      Sonst drückst du es halt nur ein bisschen mit der Hand aus, soo schmutzig wird es ja wohl nicht werden! =)

      Löschen
  2. I love the multi-coloured doily. It gives a modern up-dated look to the classical shape and style! Well done for your lovely work!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Sandra, even though I do prefer the single-coloured one - which is pretty unusual for me... Might make another one in green or blue, or a vibrant shade...

      Löschen
  3. The multi-coloured doily looks great, and when oval doylies are out, I think they should be in again! Did you really frog the purple one? Because I think that one is/was very pretty too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Anja. Nope - I didn't frog the purple doily, even though I intended to doing so. As I said - it's got a few flaws, but it is pretty after all and that made me hesitate...

      Löschen
  4. Deine Mama hat echt Glück mit dir als Tochter. Genial, dass du extra ein ovales Platzdeckchen für sie entwirfst.
    Ich finde alle 3 ganz wundervoll.
    Liebe Grüsse
    Esti

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Esther. Und ich habe ein Glück mit dieser Mama - sie ist jedes Platzdeckchen wert!
      Herzliche Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Of course you can't say no to Mom. The end product is really pretty with all those different colors you used. I'm glad she liked it. It was all worth it. :)
    xx Beca

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. No way indeed! Thank you, dear Becca. I'm pretty happy with the result too.
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Lovely !!! In any color...
    Hug
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Your mum is one lucky lady! Your doily is amazing and the colors your mom chose are so soft and dreamy! Perfect for any lady tea parlour!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Perfect indeed. Haven't got a clue where she wants to put it, but I'll find out in two weeks time, when we're over for a short visit...

      Löschen
  8. I like oval doilies as well. Your mum is very lucky!! Both the plain and the multi coloured are beautiful! Oh and yes I would very much like to see a pattern, that would be excellent. :D xx.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The notes I took are still miles off of a tutorial, but I'll work on it, dear Elly!
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. The doily is beautiful . . . and created so quickly. (How I envy your design skills.) The multicolored version is so striking, but I like the serenity of the single color doily. Thank you for sharing your work.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Blush! Thank you so much, Judy. When I sent my mind onto something (and it works out fine), I do get on with things. After all, the Doily didn't have to be huge (that would have taken longer). When I have a look at the pictures, I have to admit, the single coloured one is more to my liking too...

      Löschen
  10. Das Deckchen ist dir total gut gelungen! Einfarbig und zweifarbig eine Augenweide!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Jutta! Ich persönlich mag das einfarbige mehr, aber meine Mum wollte ein buntes...

      Löschen
  11. Has hecho feliz a tu madre con ese lindo tapete ovalado y gracias a ella,también tienes tú otro que luce precioso!!!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hihi, eso es correcto. Y probablemente otro más pronto, si escribo el manual ...
      Saludos,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  12. Wunderschön ist dein Deckchen geworden. Ein tolles Geschenk für deine Mama und warum nicht auch mal sich selber eine Freude bereiten.
    Liebe Grüße
    Petra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Am Freitag sehe ich, was meine Mum davon hält, denn wir gehen sie besuchen... Übrigens, liebe Petra, kann ich auf deine Blogposts gar kein Kommentar hinterlassen (wollte nur sagen, die Beton-Tassen finde ich klasse!).

      Löschen
  13. Take 2... Wrote my comment a few days ago, and I got an error message and lost it.
    Only takes one to start a trend. Oval doilies don't have to be out. I think this oval doily is lovely! Perfect for the dining table centerpiece, and even placemats on a slightly smaller scale.
    I am sure your mom will just love it!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If this becomes a trend, it's all due to my mum... I'll know whether she approves or not on Friday, as we're off for visiting my parents...

      Löschen
  14. Very nice in all colors !! Every oval is otherwise pretty and original!
    Have a great day!
    ZaZa

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear ZaZa.
      I still prefer round ones and mandalas though. But it was fun making this one...

      Löschen
  15. Lucky mum, that's all I can say! This is pretty, you are so clever just rustling that up out of no where in just a few days. Will you be writing up a pattern to share?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Julie.
      I've just completed the pattern and sent it off for testing (though I haven't translated into German yet...). So it might be ready any time soon.
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  16. The doily for your mother is BEAUTIFUL, Marjan! I love the great colours of the yarn! Oh, I LOVE crochet doilies! And I am sure that your mother will love it too. As for your sample doily, you transformed it to a gorgeous pink doily. Enjoy, my friend. Kisses!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Mia!
      Yes, Im keeping the pink one, even have an idea of where I might put it...
      Have a wonderful day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  17. Beautiful. I love both versions. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Preciosas imágenes!! Los colores de los dos tapeted son muy bonitos y el diseño ovalado queda genial!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! ¡Cualquiera mi mamá algo muy feliz con el tapete!
      Que tengas un gran día
      Marjan

      Löschen
  19. I love the doily! Where can I find the pattern?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Loretta, I'm working at the pattern still (came back from pattern tester but I've been too busy this week to do any editing), but it'll be released soon!

      Löschen
  20. You're so talented Marjan, they are both gorgeous. Your Mom must be so happy with her new doily and the colours she choose are so lovely together. So fresh and soft

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. My mum was very happy indeed, and she chose the colours well - cannot believe I actually didn't think of making a picture of the doily in situ!!! Will do, next time we're in Belgium!

      Löschen
  21. You're so talented Marjan, they are both gorgeous. Your Mom must be so happy with her new doily and the colours she choose are so lovely together. So fresh and soft

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts