A Summer Dress – Ein Sommerkleid



Dear friends,


approx. 2 weeks ago I started something I intended to become a summer top. I was adamant it had to have a round yolk and I wanted to figure out all by myself how to make one. I know there are plenty of beautiful patterns around of stunning tops with yokes from lovely people who have done all the maths and trial an error stuff, but...

Started on Saturday, frogged on Sunday and started over again, finished it by Thursday and had another idea: Why not turn the top into a dress!?



Bought some fabric on Friday (didn't have enough left in my stash), but...


See? Even though I thought green the best choice, I wasn't happy with it and that's why I didn't get on with the top/dress till I suddenly remembered this dress:


Bought it a while ago, cause I liked the flamboyant fabric, but the dress wasn't comfy, so I never wore it, and yesterday I had this idea:


As we were due to leave to a 30th Birthday Party at 5 pm, I kind off was in a hurry to get the dress done. And that's what the top turned out to be:


And after I stumbled upon this waistbelt in my drawer cabinet, I even had solved the tiresome choice of clothing...


I'll keep in touch!




Max


Liebe Freunde,


vor etwa zwei Wochen fing ich etwas an, was ein Sommertop werden sollte. Es sollte unbedingt eine Rundpasse haben und ich wollte ebenso unbedingt selbst herausfinden, wie das geht. Ich weiß, dass es unendlich viele, wirklich tolle und schöne Anleitungen gibt, von liebe Menschen, die die ganzen Berechnungen und Fehlschläge erfolgreich hinter sich gebracht haben, aber...

Am Samstag fing ich an, am Sonntag habe ich das ganze aufgeribbelt und neu angefangen, am Donnerstag war das Top schon fertig und ich bekam eine neue Idee: Könnte ich dieses Top nicht in ein Kleid umwandeln!?


Am Freitag kaufte ich mir Stoff dazu (leider kein passender im Vorrat), aber...


Seht ihr? Auch wenn ich im Stoffladen der festen Überzeugung war, dass dieses Grün die beste Wahl war, war ich dennoch nicht wirklich glücklich. Und daher ging es nicht voran mit dem noch-nicht-Kleid, bis ich mich an dieses Kleid erinnerte:


Ich habe es vor einige Zeit gekauft, weil ich den Stoff so mochte, aber das Kleid ist nicht sonderlich bequem und daher habe ich es nie getragen, und dann hatte ich gestern folgende Idee:


Da wir gegen 17h zu einer Geburtstagsfeier aufbrechen sollten, war ich etwas unter Zeitdruck. Und so sah mein umgewandeltes Top dann letztendlich aus:


Als ich im Schlafzimmer noch über einen passenden Gürtel stolperte, war dann auch noch die leidige Kleiderwahl für die Feier geklärt...


Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. What a beautiful splash of colors, my dear! It's really gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend! 💕🍃🌸🍃

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much. The dress is pretty colourfull indeed, but I do not mind...
      Have a great week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. The colours in your dress are lovely and that top you have made picks out the same colours! Clever you! Have a wonderful Sunday and upcoming week!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Sandra.
      The colours of the dress is why it caught my eye, but I knew I'd have to do something with it to make it wearable. Though not originally intended so I did with making the top...
      Have a great week ahead,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Tuviste una gran idea al combinar el vestido con la prenda tejida,los colores combinan perfectamente y estás guapísima con él!!!
    Besos

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Muchas gracias, querida Pilar. No tenía intención de hacer eso en primer lugar, pero estoy feliz.
      Que tengas una gran semana por delante,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Well you made a perfect match with the dress and that sash looks perfect sprucing everything up!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I was pretty pleased with myself, remembering that dress and finding out it was a perfect match. I have to admit: I love the dress!

      Löschen
  5. Marjan that dress is perfect for you. It is just like you all bright, cheery and full of life like your personality! Great choice for the colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you So much, dear Mary. I did feel very comfy with that dress on the party. Somethimes one wears something one doesn't really feel comfortable in, you feel like dressed up, but this dress was absolutely perfect!

      Löschen
  6. It was beautiful as a top and it looks even better as a dress. Great color choices.
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This turned out beautifully. I just goes to show that some projects take a little time and thinking about to end up so nicely.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. And it shows that, when you start a project, it can change while you're at it too! And not always for the worst...

      Löschen
  8. What a great idea. I love the combination of crochet and fabric.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts