Lucie's Collar – Lucies Kragen


Dear Friends, 


during our short stay at my parent's last November, my mother took me to a shop where one can buy plenty of pretty little thingies as well as... YARN! Did not buy much yarn though, just these four skeins, mostly cause my mum liked the colour-scheme.
  

It took me a while to think of what I could turn the yarn into as I intended to crochet something for my mother, which is not all that easy... After a while I had a mental picture of collar-kind-of-something so I got crocheting. See for yourselves what it turned out to be:
  

I have no pattern really. Just started off with 70 chain stitches and continued crocheting the moss stitch for the collar. This one being long enough I increased the amount of stitches by crocheting two moss stitches in every second loop instead of just the one. Further on I simply modeled shoulders and back increasing the odd stitch here and there. Before I made the edging (crab stitch + ch 1) I included five buttonholes thus the collar can be buttoned up nearly all the way up.


I've got 1,5 skeins left... Mayby I'll make my mum a matching headband too...

I'll keep in touch!

P.S.: The yarn is 80% polyester and 20% wool and I used a N°6 hook. 
   

 

  

Liebe Freunde,


während unseres Kurzurlaubs zu meinen Eltern im November nahm mich meine Mutter mit zu einem Geschäft, wo es (zu) viele schöne Sachen gibt und… WOLLE! Viel Garn habe ich nicht gekauft, nur diese vier Knäuel, und auch nur deshalb, weil deren Farbenspiel meiner Mutter so zusagte.


  
Schon im Geschäft nahm ich mir vor, aus den Knäuel etwas für meine Mum zu häkeln. Dennoch dauerte es eine Weile, bis ich wusste, was. Das Bild vor meinem Inneren Auge ähnelte einem Kragen und so habe ich dieses Bild umgesetzt:


Eine Anleitung gibt es nicht wirklich. Ich habe mit einer 70er Luftmaschenkette angefangen und habe noch mal den „Moss Stitch“ gehäkelt (der ist supereinfach und dennoch schön). Als ich den Kragen lang genug fand, habe ich Maschen aufgenommen indem ich in jedem übernächsten Luftmaschenbogen zwei statt nur einen Moss Stitch häkelte. Die Schulterpartie und den Rücken habe ich nach Bauchgefühl geformt. Bevor ich den Rand (Krebsmasche + 1 Lm) häkelte, habe ich noch 5 Knöpflöcher gezaubert, damit der Kragen (fast) komplett zugeknöpft werden kann.


Nun habe ich noch anderthalb Knäuel übrig... Vielleicht häkele ich meiner Mum noch ein passendes Stirnband.

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Das Garn besteht zu 80% aus Polyester und zu 20% aus Wolle und ich habe eine 6er Häkelnadel verwendet.
  

Kommentare

  1. T turned out perfectly. It fits the shoulders perfectly. I am sure Your mum will be thrilled. Have a Nice Christmas.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cool! Heel origineel en knap!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Die "kraag" kan zowel boven een truitje, als onder en jas gedragen worden. Ik hoop, het treft de smaak van mijn mum...

      Löschen
  3. Such a pretty collar! Your mother has great taste in yarn. I love those colors, too! Thanks for sharing at the Submarine Sunday Link Party!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! The yarn is gorgeous indeed! I made my mum a headband too now, so I'll soon send both collar and headband to her.

      Löschen
  4. Pretty crochet collar. I love the yarn colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. beautiful! Love the yarn too, totally makes the collar unique :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hi, Marjan.

    I really like your Lucie's collar. Do you think you could write the pattern for it? I'm sort of a novice, here, and I haven't tried designing anything of my own. Thank you for all your lovely patterns. I just discovered you and will be back for more. Your English is excellent - sounds like you came from the United States, and I really appreciate that - finding translation for German patterns is difficult.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi there!
      Welcome to my studio! Writing down a pattern for Lucie's collar would be quite a challenge. I did not keep track whilst crocheting, so it would be guesswork throughout and might not work in the end. If you'd not be in a hurry, I might give it another try (crocheting another collar, as this one's already comforting my mum).
      Happy crocheting!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. Such beautiful work! Thank you for sharing. I'd love a more detailed pattern for "Lucie's Collar" if you can manage it - I'm a novice at crochet and have no idea how to create a piece like this. Thanks so much

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It's not all that difficult, just trial-and-error really (including quite a lot of frogging...). Why don't you just give it a try - it might turn out wonderfully.
      Happy crocheting,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts