Flowery Granny Squares / Blumengrannys

Hi there!


The weekend was not that bad at all. I was able to sneak off into the studio and to crochet happily for some time. Before I can show you what I made though, I should somewhat go into detail...
  

Early last autumn I made loads of these Grannys Squares – as you can see in several colour-varieties. The pattern is not mine though. I was inspired by the Lilja Granny Square of Stephanie Thies. Granted, I was not able to stick to the original pattern. I did made some changes but you can still recognise the Lilja Granny Square. I tend to stick to my own patterns now, but did I not yet then.
   

But as I had made all of these Grannys... Well, I could not hoard them for all eternity. And being much pleased with the lamp shade I made last week, I wanted to try using these Grannys for yet another one.
It did not work out quite from the start though. And my men actually gave me some helpful advice. But then... Ta-Dah!
  

And I crocheted a small table mat with the two remaining Grannys.
  

You might have noticed that the lamp shade as well as the table mat are very colourful and very flowery. Quite the contrary to the delicate colours I grew so fond of. I still have plenty of ideas with these, but I somehow ran out of yarn...
Have a nice week - I'll keep in touch!




Hallo,


das Wochenende war dann doch nicht so übel. Ich konnte sogar ab und zu mal ins Atelier verschwinden und ein wenig häkeln. Bevor ich zeige, was ich am Wochenende gemacht habe, muss ich jedoch ein wenig ausholen...
   

Anfang letztem Herbst habe ich Unmengen oben abgebildeter Granny Squares gehäkelt, in unterschiedlichen Farbvariationen. Das Muster ist jedoch nicht mein eigenes. Vorlage war das Lilja Granny Square von Stephanie Thies. Zugegeben, ich habe mich wieder mal nicht strickt an der Vorlage gehalten, aber das Original ist immer noch deutlich zu erkennen. Wie ihr wisst, bevorzuge ich zur Zeit meine eigenen Muster. Im letzten Herbst war ich noch nicht so weit Grannys selbst zu entwickeln.
  

Aber, ich habe nun mal diese vielen Granny Squares gehäkelt und ich kann sie nicht bis in alle Ewigkeit im Atelier horten. Und da ich ganz zufrieden war mit dem Lampenschirm, den ich letzte Woche gehäkelt habe, habe ich mir überlegt, mit einigen der Grannys einen weiteren Lampenschirm zu fertigen. Es wollte nicht gleich gelingen, und meine Männer haben sogar einige hilfreiche Ideen beigesteuert und gestern Abend war es dann so weit:
   

Von dieser Farbkombi blieben noch zwei Grannys übrig. Daraus habe ich dann rasch ein passendes Tischdeckchen gehäkelt.
  

Dieser Lampenschirm und dieses Tischdeckchen sind ungewöhnlich farbenfroh und blumig. Fast schon das Gegenteil von den zarten Farben, die ich momentan so sehr mag. Ich habe zwar noch einige Ideen, die ich gerne mit diesen zarten Farben umsetzen möchte, aber mir ist die Wolle ausgegangen...
  
Eine schöne Woche und... Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!


Kommentare

  1. I love it! I have been looking at the crochet lampshades on Pinterest but have never made one. This one makes me want too! Its so pretty. Does it let the light shine through? I know you used a darker color. I found you on AnnaMaries Link love, I have a couple crochet items I posted as well. Take a look! Thanks for sharing. I love it when I find new crochet blogs to follow. I cant get enough! Have a great weekend!
    ~Crystal
    Crochet, A Day In The Life
    http://krystlew.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Crystal,
      the light does shine through and is nice and soft (just the way I like it to be), but bright enough still. I do think though that it depends on which lamp shade you use to make the cover for (as well as the light blub). I bought my lamp shade online and was probably lucky. Have a nice Sunday!
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts