Early Valentine – Früher Valentin


Dear friends,


as a matter of fact I never really know how to decorate the house as soon as I've stowed away the Christmas decorations. It's too early for springlike things and I'm not into carnival (even though Cologne is only an hour's drive off).

Luckily enough Valentine's Day fits somewhere in the middle of all this and as I do crave for bright colours again (a winter's garden is rather dull and sombre when lacking snow) one of the WIP's I did not get on with was following:

I did not have to go to work this weekend and fortunaltelly things slowed down a little in everyday life so I managed some time in the studio yesterday. By the time I was done though, it was already dark outside, so I thought it a good idea to wait for daylight.
  

Daylight did not make taking pictures any easier though...


but I managed to get some pictures after all.
  



I'll keep in touch!
  




Liebe Freunde,


genaugenommen weiß ich nie wie ich das Haus dekorieren soll, sobald ich den Weihnachtsschmuck für die nächsten zehn Monaten in den Keller verbannt habe. Es ist noch zu früh die Frühlingssachen oder gar Osterhasen auszupacken und Karneval ist auch nicht so meins (auch wenn Köln nur etwa eine Autostunde entfernt ist).

Zum Glück fällt Valentinstag irgendwie in diesem Zeitraum. Und da ich mich nach Farben sehne (wenn kein Schnee liegt ist ein Garten im Winter trist und langweilig) schlage ich mich schon seit einiger Zeit mit diesem WIP herum:

Dieses Wochenende hatte ich keinen Dienst und da auch der Alltag endlich einen Gang herunter geschaltet hat, konnte ich gestern einige Zeit im Atelier verbringen. Bis ich fertig war mit dem WIP, war es natürlich dunkel und ich dachte es wäre vernünftiger auf Tageslicht zu warten, um Bilder zu machen.
  

Na ja, das Fotografieren wurde bei Tageslicht dennoch zur Herausforderung...


aber einige Bilder sind dann doch mehr oder weniger gelungen.
  



Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!
  

Kommentare

  1. Love the colors and hearts are always a winner.
    Enjoy Your Sunday

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Such a beautiful decoration! Makes me wonna try that too!
    I'm not a big fan of carnival either, but Valentine might be a good alternative.
    Have a nice week, Sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much! I'm writing the pattern down - just in case you're still interested...

      Löschen
  3. so lovely and so fun! how unique! Great color combos, really stands out and draws the eyes and heart!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much! I cannot decide which combo is my favourite though - just like them all!

      Löschen
  4. So cute! What a great idea! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/make-it-monday-moogly-2016-cal-1-and-2.html

    Colletta

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love this combination of colors and textures. Your creations are always so wonderful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This wreath is gorgeous! you're so creative! I love it!

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts