I LOVE YOU




Dear friends,


the hubby‘s ailment completely took me us by surprise and somewhat threw us off track. And it blatantly made plain how much I depend on him, how important he is to me and my well-being and which huge part he plays in my life.


When you’ve been around here for a while, you might feel that the hubby is pretty indulgent to me and my follies. Ah well, he is, even though he doesn‘t really approve of kitsch and garishness – at least not when it concerns himself (it probably suffices when he has to put up with me and my freakiness).

And that’s why I’m a bit anxious concerning his reactions to the Valentine’s gift I made for him…



BTW: You’ve still got plenty of time to make your sweetheart a lovingly handmade Valentine’s cushion. Here’s the chart:



I used Katia Alabama yarn along with some scraps of the same yarn I was/am hoarding and as the cushion was made with a 5mm crochet hook, it didn’t take long to finish either! The finished size is approx. 40X40 cm.

The backside


I’ll keep in touch!







Liebe Freunde,


die Krankheit meines Mannes hat mich uns komplett überrascht und etwas aus der Bahn geworfen. Und es hat mir überdeutlich vor Augen geführt, wie sehr ich von ihm anhängig bin, wie wichtig er für mich und meinem Wohlbefinden ist und welch wichtige Rolle er in meinem Leben spielt.

Wenn ihr öfters hier vorbei schaut, mögt ihr schon mal gedacht haben, dass mein Mann unendlich nachsichtig ist mit mir und meinen Verrücktheiten. Das stimmt wohl, denn er selbst steht gar nicht auf Kitsch und grellbunte Sachen (vermutlich reichen ihm da schon mich und meine Ausgeflipptheit).

Daher bin ich schon gespannt auf seine Reaktion auf seinem Valentinsgeschenk...



Übrigens: Noch ist Zeit! Wenn Ihr Eurem Liebsten überraschen wollt mit einem liebevoll von Hand gehäkeltem Kissen, dann folgt hier das Muster:


Ich selbst habe meine Kiste mit Katia Alabama Garn und Resten von diesem Garn etwas dezimiert und da das Kissen mit einer 5er Häkelnadel gearbeitet wurde, ging es auch richtig fix. Am Ende misst das Kissen ca. 40x40cm.

Die Rückseite

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!



Linked up at: Handmade Monday, The really Crafty Link Party, Craftastic Monday Link Party, Wednesday Link Party, Hookin On Hump Day, Sew It Cook It Craft It, Link Your Stuff, The Linky Ladies Party,

Kommentare

  1. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    ich möchte eigentlich gar nicht viel schreiben, denn Deine Post's erfüllen mich immer mit Freude. Du schreibst aus dem ♥en und alles ist so ehrlich!
    Das Kissen sieht super aus und Dein Mann freut sich bestimmt darüber. Ihm wünsche ich alles Gute!
    Ganz liebe Grüße Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Karin!
      Deine Wünschen gebe ich gerne weiter. Wir sind endlich auf einem aufsteigenden Ast, aber der letzte Monat war eine rechte Herausforderung!
      Ich wünsche dir eine schöne Woche,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. Well, who can resist being told they are loved?! I like the backside too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Sandra. He'll probably turn it that way round, but I think he'll know what I mean...

      Löschen
  3. Liebe Marjan,
    deine fröhlich bunte Liebeserklärung wird dein Mann bestimmt aufheitern.
    Ich wübsche eine gute Genesung.
    Liebe Grüsse, Esti

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Esther.
      Die Wünsche reiche ich sofort weiter!
      Herzliche Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Marjan I think this is a wonderful way to say I love you. It is there for him to see every day and in brilliant colors too. The buttons on the back are a lovely touch.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Mary.
      I didn't want to exaggerate things by choosing heart-shaped buttons, so he can turn the cushion around if he wants to...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Oh Marjan, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I do hope he feels better soon and I'm sure he will adore his pillow. It was made with so much love and deep thought and the colors you used are happy, healing colors too. It's a very special gift

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Michelle.
      We're getting over the shock, now that he finally is on the mend. He won't be able to return to work for at least two or three weeks though. The cushion also is a reminder for me, not to take things (i.c. the hubby) for granted!
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Showing love is always a treat !!!!!
    Lovely cushion !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It is indeed, dear Anna. We tend to forget showing it so easily. This will be a reminder!
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. This is so cute! I'd love if you'd add it to my Craftastic Link Party:)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for the invite, dear Cheryl! Will have a look right away!

      Löschen
  8. It is an adorable token of affection and love and I am sure he is going to love it! Thank you for sharing the pattern with us! You are so kind!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. My pleasure, dear Maya. Guess you would have figured out without the chart :-). I think he'll like it, even though it's very colourful...

      Löschen
  9. Un cojín muy bonito y el punto en relieve queda fantástico! Gracias por el esquema.
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Sehr, sehr schön dein Kissen und die Geste an deinen Mann!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. This is lovely! I'm going to pin this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I hope your husband is feeling better. I'm sure he'll love your gift, it's a very pretty pillow, and, more importantly, it was made by you.
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Oh, dear, this surely will be a very special Valentine's Day for you and your husband. And what an amazing crochet idea for him! I'd like to include one of these pictures in a Round-Up of Crochet Projects for Valentine's Day that I'm going to publish soon in my blog.
    Of course, I will attach the appropriate link to your blog.
    I wish you a lovely Sunday Marjan! 💕 🍃🌸🍃
    Anabelia Craft Design

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. WOW! Thank you very much! I sure feel honoured if you count me in to your round-up!
      Have a great week ahead,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  14. I think this is such a sweet idea! And perfect for anytime of the year - anniversary, baby... I am sure he will love it! I am working on something special for my love too. Not sharing it until after Valentine's Day though!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Alexandra. You just made me very curious - cannot wait till after the 14th!!!!

      Löschen
  15. Beautiful crochet pillow, Marjan!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern!!! Kisses, my dear friend.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts