Disappointed - Enttäuscht

 

Dear friends,


late Wednesday afternoon I was absolutely furious. I'm not anymore. Now I'm but sad and disappointed.
What has happened?
Wednesday afternoon I was scrolling down my facebook feed when a picture of the Happy Granny Square Bag caught my attention. One of the sites I follow shared a link to the post of another site. As this link showed a picture of my bag I followed the link and ended on a site describing the Happy Granny Square Bag.

So far, so good.


I began to wonder why there was an unknown www.address written across my pictures though and reading on (well not actually reading – the post being written in a language I do not know) I simply could not find any link to the original post, nor to my blog!
Being outraged I posted this on facebook. An American friend scanned this page and she stumbled upon pictures of the works of an acquaintance of hers. Same here: no credit given to the artist who actually made the tapestries. Seems this site has been doing this for ages: posting pictures, even patterns, with no credit to the designer!

I found an email-address on the site and wrote an email demanding the “mistake” to be corrected within 48 hours. Nothing happened. I now posted the content of this email as a comment to the facebook post – still waiting for anything to happen.
I've been pretty absent from Instragram and facebook ever since. I really have to mull this over, don't know what to do next...

I'll keep in touch!

P.S.: Just in case you'd want to make sure nothing of your work has been copied without credit or approval:
This is the facebook-link I stumbled upon: https://www.facebook.com/ManualidadesDIYs/posts/2046696535576914
And this is the site itself: http://www.manualidadesdiy.com/bolsa-colorida-crochet-grannys/




Liebe Freunde,


am späten Mittwoch Nachmittag war ich stinksauer. Jetzt bin ich nur noch betrübt und enttäuscht.

Was ist geschehen?

Am Mittwochnachmittag scrollte ich auf meiner Facebookseite herum, bis ein Bild von meiner Happy Granny Square Bag meine Aufmerksamkeit auf sich zog. Einer der Seiten, die ich folge, hatte einen Link zu einem Beitrag einer anderen Seite gepostet. Diesem Link beigefügt war ein Bilder meiner Tasche. Daher habe ich den Link angeklickt und landete letztendlich auf einer Webseite mit einer Beschreibung der Happy Granny Square Bag.

So weit so gut.

Dann wurde ich aber stutzig, als ich eine mir fremde www.-Adresse über meine Bilder ausmachte. Ich las weiter (na ja, nicht wirklich lesen, da der Beitrag in einer mir nicht geläufigen Sprache geschrieben ist – aber Eckpunkte kann man ja trotzdem erkennen). Ich las also weiter und fand weder einen Hinweis zum Originalpost, noch einen Link zu meinem Blog!

Wütend veröffentlichte ich das auf facebook und bekam kurz darauf eine Nachricht einer amerikanischen Freundin, weil sie auf dieser Seite Bilder gefunden hatte von Kunstwerke einer ihrer Bekannten – ebenfalls ohne Nennung der Künstlerin. Ein kurzer Blick genügt um zu erkennen, dass diese Seite das wohl seit längerem so handhabt: Bilder, sogar Muster veröffentlichen, aber ohne die Künstlerin oder den Künstler auch nur zu erwähnen.

Ich fand schließlich eine Email-Adresse und schrieb eine Email, in der ich die Betreiber der Seite aufforderte diesen „Fehler“ innerhalb von 48 Stunden zu beheben – nichts geschah. Nun habe ich den Inhalt dieser Email als Kommentar dem facebook-Post hinzugefügt – ich warte immer noch.

Seit Mittwoch habe ich weder bei Instagram noch bei facebook was gepostet. Ich muss mir das Ganze durch den Kopf gehen lassen, überlegen, was ich überhaupt machen kann...

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Nur für den Fall, dass ihr mal nachschauen möchtet, ob keines eurer Werke ebenfalls ohne Nennung oder Link dort aufgetaucht sind:
Über diesen Link stolperte ich auf facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ManualidadesDIYs/posts/2046696535576914
Und hier geht es zur Seite: http://www.manualidadesdiy.com/bolsa-colorida-crochet-grannys/



Kommentare

  1. It is absolutely unbelievable that there are people who don't live up to the most elementary rules of respect! I'm so sorry that this happened to you (and to others!). I visited that site too and I hate that kind of websites.. You almost see it at first look, that there is something wrong. They choose the easy and unfair way to gain visits. Don't know what we can do about it, but there must be a way to get this right. It may not stay unpunished! Try to enjoy your weekend and get it out of your head for a moment, I'm right behind you! x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Sigrid!
      And they do get a lot of visits! Have you seen how many times this post has been shared - over 1600 times - I can only dream of such figures! And I'm just a nobody - they did it with pictures of Dada's Place and Little Bees too. Argh - I'm getting upset again. I'll stop ranting and join my loved ones for a piece of birthday-cake!
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. I love your colourful bag, but what a shock to find it elsewhere with no credit given to you. you are right to put your name right across your work as you did in the collage above.
    I never go on facebook, instagram or Twitter. These places are definitely not for me!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. fb and IG can be fun (haven't got much affinity to Twitter) though, dear Sandra. And if I hadn't been on facebook I would never have found out! Still it was a shock.
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Hay gente que no tiene ética ni moral!!! Lamento mucho lo que te ha sucedido,mucho ánimo.Quizás podrías poner una "marca de agua" en tus fotos,no sé si sería la solución.
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Muchas gracias, querida Pilar.
      Una inscripción o una marca de agua: qué más no me queda. Muy mal, pero desafortunadamente no es diferente ...
      Te deseo un maravilloso fin de semana,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. This happened to many of us...unfortunately...
    Have a lovely weekend anyway!
    Hug
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It's so sad one cannot do much about it though...
      Have a lovely weekend, dear Anna!
      Hugs,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Oh, Marjan, how sorry I am to read this! That has happened to me too and I felt just like you. We, bloggers who know each other, usually notify each other when we detect that someone is misusing our creations so that we can claim it. This is the only resource I know so far to defend us from this violation of rights. These people sometimes correct their mistake and apologize, sometimes they do not even respond to your request. Fortunately they are a minority, most of the people in the network are honest. Also I think that people who use to visit sites like that know that the creations are not original from those sites and somehow end up finding your page. I refuse to leave what I started with such enthusiasm and effort because I know there are many people who read my blog and appreciate that effort, and I do not want to lose that. This is the conclusion I came to after thinking about it. For now I just hope I give you a little help and support at this time. Big hugs!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for your support as well as for this helpful hint as I'm pretty sure I've recognized pictures of Dada's Place, Little Bees and Adinda Zoutman as well.
      For sure I'll not stop blogging but maybe I'll not be as gullible as I've been so far. And even though it doesn't look very pretty and means more work to do, I'll paste a (c) on each of my pictures from now on!
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. I am not surprised this happened. Once a blog (somewhere in Asia) copied my blog content word for word... I mean just copied the posts and posted them on their blog. With my kids' pictures and everything. I went berserk. Reported it to blogger sending evidence and they banned and deleted the blog almost immediately. I know what you are going through. It happened and it will. I guess it is not a blog (blogger or wordpress) where you found it, but another platform, however if I were you, I'd openly post about it (link to it and everything), so many of us can report it. Adding a logo across your photos is a good idea. You will be well. You know that! You have my strongest support. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Maya.
      That was unapologetic and impudent of that asian site! I do not think the site I'm furious about is blogger or worldpress either. But you're absolutely right: If I do not openly denounce this site, they'll just carry on as if nothing has happened...
      I'm glad for your support and helpful hints!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. So ein unverschämter Bilderklau!! Auf dem Blog "Leelah Loves" gibt es einen interessanten Beitrag über die Thematik "Bilderklau". Müsste der vorletzte Beitrag sein.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    man glaubt es nicht was es für dreiste Menschen gibt. Leider kann man dagegen sehr wenig tun und somit ist für so unverschämte Menschen Tür und Tor offen. Tut mir echt leid für Dich. Ich hab' mir das mal angesehen und wirklich gedacht, "das gibt es doch nicht"!
    Ich kann Dir auch ein kleines Beispiel sagen was mir passiert ist:
    Ich habe vor einiger Zeit von mir genähte und entworfene Hühnchen gezeigt und sie nach kurzer Zeit auf einigen Blogs gesehen; und wurden dort als "Eigenkreation" gezeigt und sogar noch eine Anleitung verkauft...... Es fehlen einem die Worte!
    Meine Liebe, Kopf hoch, nicht mehr ärgern.....
    Übrigens, von Instragram und Facebook habe ich mich schon lange "verabschiedet".
    Ganz ♥liche Grüße
    Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Liebe Karin,
      ich bin noch gar nicht dazu gekommen, dich für deine wundervolle Post zu bedanken! Sie hat dazu beigetragen, dass der heutige Tag etwas wirklich besonderes wurde (mein Mann musste leider arbeiten).
      Vermutlich hat mich das ganze so geschockt, weil ich zum ersten mal davon betroffen bin. Immerhin habe ich fast drei Jahre lang geblogged ohne (wissentlich) beklaut zu werden. Es hat mir auch gut getan, mir das ganze von der Seele zu schreiben (diesen Post). Ich warte noch bis morgen, dann wird der Vorgang gemeldet. Ansonsten: Abhaken und weitergehen!
      Ich wünsche dir von Herzen ein schönes (Rest-)Wochenende und drücke dich ganz fest,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. es ist beschämend, was einige mit dingen anderer "anstellen" :(

    so ein ähnliches problem hatten wir vor einiger zeit in einem forum. da wurde aus einer kostenlosen anleitung von einer anderen " designerin " eine kaufanleitung. als diese darauf wegen copyright hingewiesen wurde, hat sie diese geblockt. schlimm halt, weil die " designerin " noch nach tipps zu der ursprünglichen anleitung gefragt hatte

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dreister kann es wohl nicht mehr - da muss man ja Angst bekommen überhaupt noch etwas zu veröffentlichen.
      Ich habe mir vorgenommen, die noch möglichen Schritte zu machen, es anschließend abzuhaken und einfach weiter zu machen. Wie heißt es so schon: Krone richten und weitergehen?
      Danke, liebe Sylvia, für deine lieben und ermunternden Worte,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  10. It's sad that sites like this pop up every day... They make money on ads using the content you've worked hard to create, and you're not running ads at all. Argh!
    Anyway, here is a link to the article that sent me in the right direction when it happened to me... It's a lot of work to do everything they suggest, but I would definitely report the page to Google: https://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-request-for-url-removal-of-copied-content-seo.html
    Hope that helps... And I hope you're still able to enjoy your weekend! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Jenny. Such a nuisance all this hassle had to come just now - I should be concentrating on the fair instead. But no way one can leave it be! And it's not just me concerned!
      Thank you for your support and take care,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  11. So sorry to hear this Marjan. It happens all the time. If you can find out who the host of the site is you can send a complaint to them and also a Cease
    and Desist Notice.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Mary. I've started with filling in a form on facebook and I did get in touch with a few of the other designers concerned. If we all complain/report the violation, maybe the site will be shut down.

      Löschen
  12. Oh I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you! I admit, it is something I do worry about, as I noticed over summer someone was sharing my WIP pictures a little too generously on Facebook of a new design. So I thought it best to take slightly more 'obscure' photos. But this is just horrible! I do hope they get 'shut down' as this really isn't acceptable. All your hard work and design. Some people just don't understand what goes into developing things!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for your support. I'm not the only one concerned here so I've contacted a few of the other designers. Maybe if more than one signle person reports the violation the site might get shut down.
      Sorry you've got problems too. I simply cannot understand people doing this - luckily most of them do get caught eventually and if we all stand together and reject and report such sites, maybe in the end...

      Löschen
  13. Ugh, that is terrible. Why couldn't they just add a link to your blog, how hard was that? I hope they get shut down, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to solve the issue because they'll probably just set it up again with a different name. Let us know if we can do anything to help, maybe if a lot of people report it to Google measures will be taken.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts