Like a Madwoman – Wie eine Verrückte



Dear friends,


I've been doing crochet like a madwoman. And that's why: not yet two weeks ago Gaby (with whom I went to that fair in May) decided she and I were going to have a small Christmas fair of our own. It's not going to be called „Christmas fair“ but „open day“ but as it's to be on the last weekend before the Advent season starts – what else will it be...


This is where the fair will take place...

So I've skipped autumn completely! All UFOs and WIPs are on hold and I'm crocheting nothing but Christmassy stuff. All at the same time, too many ideas and there's still day-today life to consider. Nonsense: who needs a freshly cooked meal? Who needs clean clothes? Who wants a tidy house? And when was the last time the cats were fed?

Christmas moved into the studio.

I started off very traditionally...


But I've been bored with that heavy red/green/gold for years now, so I moved on to happy, bright candy-colours...


And I'm currently working on this chap...


Patterns and more pictures will follow soon: I'll keep in touch!





Liebe Freunde,


ich häkele wie eine Verrückte. Und das alles nur, weil Gaby (mit der ich im Mai auf dem Kunst- und Handwerkermarkt war) vor etwas zwei Wochen kurzerhand entschied, dass sie und ich einen kleinen Weihnachtsmarkt halten werden. Es wird zwar nicht „Weihnachtsmarkt“ heißen, sondern „Tag der offenen Tür“, aber da das alles am letzten Wochenende vor der Adventszeit stattfinden soll … Na, was wird es dann wohl? Klar, ein Weihnachtsmarkt...

Hier findet der kleine Markt statt!

Daher habe ich den Herbst komplett übersprungen. Alle UFOs und WIPs wurden auf Eis gelegt und ich häkele nur noch weihnachtliche Sachen. Alles gleichzeitig, Unmengen an Ideen und nebenbei noch den Alltag meistern. Ach was: Wer braucht saubere Kleidung? Oder frischgekochtes Mittagessen? Ein ordentliches Haus? Und wann wurden die Katzen das letzte mal gefüttert?

Also, im Atelier dreht sich alles um Weihnachten.

Angefangen habe ich ziemlich traditionell...


Aber mir geht das schwermütige grün/rot/gold schon seit Jahren auf den Geist, also bin ich rasch zu den fröhlichen und hellen Bonbonfarben gewechselt...


Zur Zeit befasse ich mich mit diesem Kerlchen...


Anleitungen und mehr Bilder gibt es bald: Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. Can you believe I'm a bit jealous to have that perfect excuse to crochet like a madwoman? :-) I love every single item you've made so far! Especially the cheerful colors! You can do it, Marjan, go go go!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. No need to be jealous - one cannot really enjoy what one's making. You've just started a thing and your mind is already wandering off... Ah well, at least the colours make me happy!

      Löschen
  2. Already preparing Christmas ! With lovely creations !
    Love your snowman !
    Have a fun day !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Anna.
      It is a bit early to actually enjoy, as no Christmas feeling pops up yet (maybe I should try with some Christmas music)...
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. I like your bright colours - they are a nice change from the traditional red and green. Have fun with your Open Day and enjoy preparing for it - wish I could attend. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Two years ago I just couldn't stand that green/red/gold no longer. The hubby was a bit sceptical, but he soon gave in ;-)
      Would be nice to have someone stopping by from Canada, but it's a bit far off, isn't it?
      Have a lovely day, dear Kate,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Wow... everything looks great!
    I love the bright colors too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh yes, those colours really make my day and they look sooo lovely on a Christmas tree!

      Löschen
  5. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    Deine Häkelnädel ist sicher schon am glühen und Deiner Finger ganz wund.... aber so ist es mal; die Ideen schwirren im Kopf und landen letztendlich in den Fingern. Ich bin begeistert von Deiner biserigen Auswahl; mach' mal so weiter!
    Ich wünsche Dir noch viel Spaß und ganz viele Ideen
    Ganz ♥liche Grüße
    Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Bei der Menge an Ideen könnte ich ein zweites paar Händen gebrauchen ;-) Habe gerade etwas aufgeräumt im Atelier, damit mir die Ideen nicht gleich erschlagen, wenn ich die Tür aufmache... Ach, das wird schon. Ich freue mich schon darauf wieder zur Nadel zu greifen, sobald ich von der Arbeit Heim komme!
      Liebe Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Liebe Marjan,
    finde ich klasse die Idee mit dem Weihnachtsmarkt und kann Dich gut verstehen wenn Du jetzt die Vorbereitungen triffst. ( aber die Katzen müssen gefüttert werden )Ich finde die Farben klasse , gefällt mir auch viel besser als immer nur grün rot. Die kleinen Bäumchen mit den Knöpfchen sind allerliebst. Ganz liebe Abendgrüße von Carmen

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Keine Sorge, liebe Carmen, die Lieblinge sind bestens versorgt! Zum Beweis, hat sich Moneypenny ja gleich mit aufs Bild gesetzt :-)
      Herzliche Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. Estás inmersa en la navidad y me encanta!!!amo todos los adornos navideños,tanto los tradicionales como los de colores brillantes como caramelos!!
    Me encantará seguir viendo más.
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ¡Verás mucho más, dear Pilar!
      ¡Incluso me pillé tarareando "Rudolph, el reno de nariz roja"! ¡Entrar en un ambiente navideño en octubre ya!
      Que tengas un gran día,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  8. Marjan those little Christmas trees in candy colors are just so adorable! Keep it up Madwoman!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I will, dear Mary, I will.
      And as I caught myself humming "Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer" yesterday evening, I think I'm really getting into a Christmas mood (even though it's still October)!
      Hugs,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. Beautiful Christmas creations, Marjan. I love the colours you use, so alternative! I am sure you will be ready for the open day. Kisses, my friend.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Phew... I do hope so: Only one month to go... Aah well, I'll just have to take what I've got ready till then and start enjoying the prolonged Christmas period ;-)
      Have a lovely day, dear Mia,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  10. I can see from your instagram that you've been into Christmas mode lately and now know the reason why :)
    Everything you've made looks fantastic and I wish you both a lot of success!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Maya!
      Last night Gaby and I met and she had to admit her idea was just a ta crazy. She's been knitting like a madwoman ever since she's come up with the idea. At least she's not into Christmas mode yet - hats and scarf in general aren't...
      I'm seriously considering putting Christmas music on though as I'm really getting the Christmas feeling!
      Cheerio!
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts