Raffia Cockade – Bast-Kokarde



Hi there!


According to the weather forecast today will be the last nice day for a very long time. Even next Sunday (the day of the fair) it won't be nice at all (16°C but no rain – so far). So I'd better hurry to show you what I've been up to this weekend as long as the sun is shining.

Over the last month I collected another three bottles whom I made a cover for. This time I chose Catania flesh (N° 257). I had not intended to combine them with raffia right from the beginning but eventually really got excited about the idea. And as soon as I came across the twigs during our stroll through the local DIY I knew how things should turn out.

Enough of talking now: Pictures paint a thousand words!
 


I'm quite happy with the result! I even managed the ruffled look I intended. For once I didn't want it all neat and tidy as I usually do. And now I should definitely concentrate on the fair – I'll keep in touch!
  


Liebe Freunde,


laut Wetterbericht soll heute der letzte schöne Tag für längere Zeit sein. Sogar für nächsten Sonntag (der Tag des Handwerkermarktes) sind nur 16 Grad vorhergesagt (zum Glück aber noch kein Regen). Daher beeile ich mich solange die Sonne scheint, um euch zeigen, was ich am Wochenende gemacht habe.

Dank der freundlichen Unterstützung meines Mannes konnte ich im letzten Monat nochmal drei Weinflaschen sammeln. Diese habe ich wieder umhäkelt, aber jetzt mal mit Catania (Nr. 257 = Bast - welch ein Zufall!). Ich hatte es zwar nicht von vornherein geplant Naturbast einzusetzen, aber während des Häkelns kam mir die Idee und sie sagte mir immer mehr zu. Und als ich dann noch während unseres Streifzugs durch den OBI am Samstag über die Zweige stolperte, wusste ich ganz genau, wie alles werden sollte!

Aber, nun genug geredet! Immerhin sagen Bilder mehr als tausend Worte!
  


Ich bin ganz zufrieden mit dem Resultat. Mir gelang sogar der zerzauste Look, wie beabsichtigt. Ausnahmsweise mal nicht so gepflegt und ordentlich. Aber nun sollte ich mich wirklich auf den Handwerkermarkt konzentrieren! Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!
  


Kommentare

  1. Very nice indeed! Like the raffia, that's really inspiring to me!
    Very good combination with the long twigs.
    Good luck with the fair!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The roughness of the twigs and raffia, the softness of the covers, and the smoothness of the glass... I love all the contrasting textures!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. This won't be my last experiment with the raffia. It's an exciting material to work with. Thank you for your nice comment, Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts